Debt Relief for Queenslanders
Many Brisbane residents and people living throughout Queensland are in trouble with debt. In fact, on average a Queenslander owes more than $16,000.
Let’s look at some of the facts:
- Two million Australians in danger of recording a poor credit rating with Queenslanders the worst. Source: Analysis conducted by credit agency Veda as reported in http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2780620/Are-YOU-risk-credit-default-Two-million-Australians-danger-recording-poor-credit-rating-Queenslanders-men-worst-offenders.html#ixzz3OrSMYZ7O
- Queenslanders have more debt than the average Australian, at about $16,209. Source: Gold Coast Central Chamber
- Reports reveal that 13% of the estimated 16 million Australians who use credit are at risk, with nearly 600,000 being considered facing ‘high risk’ of defaulting.
Source: Analysis conducted by credit agency Veda as reported in http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2780620/Are-YOU-risk-credit-default-Two-million-Australians-danger-recording-poor-credit-rating-Queenslanders-men-worst-offenders.html#ixzz3OrSMYZ7O
- The Australian Bureau of Statistics reported in January 2015 that Queensland has had one of the largest absolute increases in seasonally adjusted employment, up 22,500 people for the month of December. That saw the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate drop to 6.1 per cent, which is the same as the national average. Source: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/queensland-state-election-2015/queensland-election-2015-seasonally-adjusted-unemployment-rate-drops-20150115-12qs2i.html
- Poverty Level. It is estimated that 430,000 (12.5 per cent) Queenslanders are living below the poverty line says the annual Anti-Poverty Statement released today by the Queensland Council of Social Service. Source: http://www.qcoss.org.au/almost-half-million-queenslanders-living-poverty.
- Student Loan debt. University students owe the Commonwealth a record amount of money, with a new report estimating more than $6 billion worth of student loans are never expected to be repaid. Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-21/student-debt-climbs-to-record-26-billion/4473386
- Credit card debt. Credit card debt is now sitting at around $35 billion dollars in Australia, which is an interest bill of over $6 billion each year. This represents more than $4680 of credit card debt per card holder in Australia, with younger Australians getting into the trap of spending too much and not being able to pay it off each month. Source: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/
Did You Know:
Visa business credit cards are the most popular among Australian businesses, with 27% of microbusinesses and 32% of small, medium and large businesses using one.
American Express business credit cards are the least popular among Australian businesses, with 9% of microbusinesses and 19% of small, medium and large businesses using one.
Bankruptcy in Brisbane and Queensland
People in Brisbane and throughout Queensland are formalising their debts through bankruptcy, debt agreements and personal insolvency agreements.
Nationally, the total number of bankruptcies, debt agreements and personal insolvency agreements for the September quarter 2014 was 7,466.
(All information correct at time of publication in March 2015 according to online sources.)
Your Debt Solutions specialist at Capital Debt Solutions will find the best solution and work with you and your creditors to get you back on track and rebuild your financial future.
Click here to message us or call us now on 1300 107 155 or 07 5474 4450 for fast debt help from Capital Debt Solutions – trusted and recommended by Australians for Australians.